Fellowship is the Institute's highest credentialed status.
Registration for the Arbitration Fellowship Programme is now open. To download a registration form, please click HERE.
Applicants for Fellowship must be able to show for admission as a Fellow that:
(a) he or she is a fit and proper person; and
(b) he or she is a person who, by virtue of his or her training and/or experience and his or her personal qualities, demonstrates competence at the date of admission to act as an arbitrator or as a mediator (as the case may be).
The prescribed standard is attained by:
- Passing the Institute's Fellowship programme which is administered annually or
- By waiver ( click HERE to download application form by waiver) or
- By reciprocal right if yu are a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of arbitrators in mediation and / or arbitration.
The Fellowship Programme consists of an interview, a one-day seminar, one two hour written examination on dispute resolution (arbitration or mediation), one two hour examination on awards (arbitration) or agreements (mediation) and a one-day practical examination.
Fellowship provides the following benefits:
- Recognition of the you as holding the Institute's highest qulaification
- Use of the designatory letters "FAMINZ (Arb)", "FAMINZ (Med)" or "FAMINZ (Arb / Med)"
- Reciprocal right of Fellowship with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Ability to apply to be on the AMINZ panels and lists
- Invitation to Fellow only events.
- Access to the members' only part of the website
- Listing on the AMINZ website
- Training, seminars and conferences at members' discounted rates
- Networking opportunities
- Regular emails and notices to keep updated on matters of interest to dispute resolution professionals
- Bi-monthly newsletter
- Commercial benefits including discounts on relevant texts, corporate Koru Club membership and discounted professional indemnity insurance
- Use of the AMINZ logo pursuant to the logo protocol
For more information about Fellowship, or to express interest in the programme, please contact the AMINZ Education Coordinator.