Thinking Global. Acting Local
In 2012, AMINZ established AMINZ International, with the vision to make New Zealand a centre for international dispute resolution. the project seeks to particularly support the work of New Zealand arbitrators and arbitration practitioners working or wanting to work internationally. but it also supports arbitration, arbitration, arbitrators and arbitration practitioners working domestically
Thus far the project has included:
- Successfully bidding to co-host the International Congress for Commercial Arbitration, (ICCA) Conference 2018. This is the world’s largest and most prestigious commercial arbitration conference and in 2018 will be held, for the first time, in our region. AMINZ’s co-host is the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration. The conference will be held in Sydney with an add-on event in Queenstown. It will bring the world’s leading arbitration practitioners to New Zealand.
- Successfully bidding to host the 2016 International Academy of Mediators, (IAM) Conference in New Zealand. IAM is one of the world’s leading commercial mediation bodies. It has never before held a conference in the Asia-Pacific. This conference will bring some of the world’s leading commercial mediators to New Zealand. Click HERE to register for this conference.
- Successfully lobbying Government for amendments to the Arbitration Act to make New Zealand a more attractive arbitration forum.
- Reached agreement with the largest global dispute resolution organisation, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators to provide membership rights to AMINZ Fellows and Associates. AMINZ is the only organisation to secure such an agreement.
- Co-hosted the annual ICC and AMINZ Arbitration Day.
- Supported the annual International Dispute Resolution Fellowship, with the University of Auckland and Victoria University of Wellington law schools.
If you wish to be involved in the AMINZ International project, please contact us.