For mediators, advocates and counsel in mediations
About the webinar:
Mediators need to understand the risks involved with going to court to be able to help parties negotiate and reality test their position. This webinar guides you through step by step to help you to understand and assess court risks. It answers the question of what if the mediation fails? What then?
In this 1.5-hour webinar,
David Clark and Mark Kelly will help you confidently assess and analyse the
risks of going to court.
The seminar will cover:
Mediators and those involved in mediations will be better able to assess court risks through this practical webinar. Topics included will be:
- Classic litigation risk analysis – the law and the evidence;
- Assessing other risks inherent in disputes – e.g. reputation and precedent risks;
- Analysing court costs - including the actual cost and dealing with offers that could have cost ramifications in court;
- The cost of business interruption and stress;
- The practical consequences of not correctly assessing the risk; and
- Bringing these factors together to inform negotiation and settlement decisions in a logical way.
- Advocates in mediation
- Students of mediation
When: 28 February 2018
Cost: From $120
Registration now open – login to register
online, or click HERE for a registration form.
If you have any questions, please contact our Education Co-ordinator, Rebecca – email@example.com.
Cancellations for a full refund less a $20 service fee must be received in writing 3 weeks prior to the seminar. Thereafter no refund will be provided. Registrations are transferrable to another person for the course.