Refreshing your knowledge of arbitration
About the seminar:
This is a great opportunity for those practitioners wanting to build their knowledge of arbitration. You do not have to be sitting Fellowship to undertake the seminar, but you can decide to progress to the Fellowship programme after having participated in the seminar.
The seminar will cover:
- Communication practices during hearings and meetings
- Writing arbitration awards
- Arbitration agreements, recognition and enforcement of the agreement
- Preliminary meetings, meeting procedures and arbitrator powers
- Court involvement in arbitration
- Assessment of evidence
- Decision making
- Awards – form writing
- Post award
- Ethics for arbitrators
Who should attend:
- Practitioners who have completed some previous studies and/or had some experience of arbitration
- Practitioners wanting to work towards achieving Fellowship – the Institute’s highest credential
- Students who have completed some dispute resolution papers at university level
- Overseas practitioners wanting to be updated on arbitration in New Zealand
You will receive:
When: 9.30am - 5.00pm, 29 May 2018
Where: Stamford Plaza, 22-26 Albert St, Auckland, 1010
Cost: From $595
Login to register or click HERE to download a registration form.
The Advanced Arbitration Seminar is a compulsory element of the Arbitration Fellowship Programme.
If you have any questions, please contact our Education Co-ordinator, Rebecca.
Cancellations for a full refund less a $50 service fee must be received in writing 3 weeks prior to the seminar. Thereafter no refund will be provided. Registrations are transferrable to another person for the course.