Webinar on Monday, 27 August 2018 at 12-2pm
Using Other Professionals in the Collaborative Process
Run by- Collaborative Advocacy New Zealand
Many lawyers trained in Collaborative Practice feel comfortable using the two-lawyer model but are they missing out on a more client centred, enriched process that may come with using an interdisciplinary approach with other professionals?
Non-lawyer professionals may have trained in Collaborative Process but are struggling to determine how they fit within the process and how to get a foot in the door of the Collaborative Process meeting room.
Overseas jurisdictions have wrestled with these issues and many practice groups overseas now define themselves by whether they practice the “Two Lawyer” or “Full Team” models of CP. In many jurisdictions, the benefits of an interdisciplinary team are so proven to lawyers that they refuse to undertake CP unless it is within a multi-professional team.
In this webinar, we bring together four presenters from different professional backgrounds to explore:
- The experience of interdisciplinary teams overseas;
- The benefits to clients and lawyers of having other professionals within the Collaborative Process;
- The procedural aspects to consider when working within multidisciplinary teams;
- What each profession can bring to the process and how this differs from their role within litigation;
Where: Your desk via computer - a recording will be made available afterwards if you register but cannot make the live webinar.
Cost: CANZ 2018/19 members: $35.00 (incl GST)
Non Members: $50.00 (incl GST)
Presenters: David Stebbing, Psychologist, Kimberlee Sweeney, Divorce Coach Rosemarie Brown, Mediator & Chartered Accountant, Selina Trigg, Lawyer
Facilitator: Jennifer Perry, Lawyer.
How do I Register? Register by emailing email@example.com
Make payment of your registration fee by:
- Online payment to Collaborative Law Association’s Bank Account: ASB: 12-3035-0747378-00 and include your surname as a reference; or
- by arranging credit card payment with Xaviera Mikkelson at firstname.lastname@example.org