This practical one-day seminar with Chair, Kirsty Swadling, will give you the tools you need to help you discern whether arbitration is right for your clients and ensure you are well prepared for the process.
- The family cases that can benefit from the process
- How yo agree to arbitrate
- How to initiate the arbitration
- To find the right arbitrator
- About jurisdictional issues and how to solve them
- Where to find an appropriate arbitrator for your case and how to get them appointed
- How best to prepare for an arbitration
- What happens in arbitration - the procedural options
- To make the most of the arbitration process for your client
- Advocacy in arbitration
- How the award can be enforced
- Anita Chan QC
- Hon. Rodney Hansen QC
- Kate Wiseman
- Royden Hindle
The day will include a Q and A session with leading arbitration practitioners and arbitrators.
As part of your registration, you will be given access to video of two family law arbitration fish-bowls.
When: 21 March 2019
Cost: From $445
CPD: 7 hours of CPD - NZLS CPD Programme; 4 points - AMINZ CPD Programme
If you have any questions, please contact our Education Co-ordinator, Natasha.
Cancellations for a full refund less a $50 service fee must be received in writing 3 weeks prior to the seminar. Thereafter no refund will be provided. Registrations are