Refreshing your knowledge of arbitration
About the seminar:
The Advanced Arbitration Seminar is designed to build your understanding of arbitration, and is a great way to keep up to date with recent cases and developments. Attendance is a pre-requisite for those looking to undertake assessment for Fellowship of the Institute, but the seminar is a great opportunity for all practitioners and others who wish to upskill in this area.
Who should attend
- Practitioners who have completed some previous studies and/or had some experience of arbitration
- Practitioners wanting to work towards achieving Fellowship – the Institute’s highest credential
- Students who have completed some dispute resolution papers at university level
- Overseas practitioners wanting to be updated on arbitration in New Zealand
What will be covered
• An overview of the legislation
• Obligations of the Tribunal
• Jurisdiction and sources of the Tribunal’s powers
• Natural justice and due process
• Privacy and confidentiality
• Arbitration process: preliminary meetings to hearing
• Writing an Award
• Ethical issues for Arbitrators
When: 9.30am - 5.00pm, 13 July 2020
Cost: From $345
The Advanced Arbitration Seminar is a compulsory element of the Arbitration Fellowship Programme.
If you have any questions, please contact our Professional Development Officer, Teri, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations for a full refund less a $50 service fee must be received in writing 3 weeks prior to the seminar. Thereafter no refund will be provided. Registrations are transferable to another person for the course.