Leadership in Exceptional Times with Sue Wells
Join us tomorrow morning for a very special Auckland network meeting, which is now open to members outside the Auckland region as it is live, via Zoom, starting at 7.30am New Zealand time. If you can't make it at 7.30am, feel free to join the meeting when it is suitable for you up until 8am.
Our guest speaker has now changed. Tomorrow morning, AMINZ Executive Director Sue Wells will be discussing leadership in a crisis response situation.
Before joining AMINZ, Sue
- Was a Christchurch City Councillor from 1998-2013 (the earthquake years) and was the Chair of the Regulatory and Planning Committee
- Was the Chair of the Canterbury Civil Defence Emergency Management Group during the big snow in the 2000s
- Was involved in a review of the Civil Defence Emergency Management Act at that time
- Was Crisis Response Manager for Potatoes New Zealand during their biosecurity response in 2018-2019
- Was a broadcaster on CTV from June 17 1991 (the day it opened) throughout its entire life-span, including returning as a volunteer after the quakes in 2011 to reprise her shopping programme, “Susan Sells” (yes, bits are still on YouTube)
- Anchored CTV’s life broadcast of the 1992 Canterbury blizzard and co-produced the subsequent documentary
Kate Wiseman will interview Sue about crisis response management, and how to sustain a team in this time.
Please make your own breakfast, wear your best comfy clothes and enjoy joining us for our online get-together.
Date: 26 March 2020
Venue: Online via Zoom (details below)
Zoom Meeting Details- 7.30am, 26 March 2020
Please click the following link to join: https://zoom.us/j/634745593
Alternatively, you can call in to the meeting using the following dial-in information:
Dial by your location
+64 9 884 6780 Auckland New Zealand
+64 4 886 0026 Wellington New Zealand
Meeting ID: 634 745 593
If you are not confident at using Zoom, this is the perfect way to find your way around it. The AMINZ team will be the technical hosts for the event and we will be only too happy to answer your questions or help you connect on the day.
We anticipate Zoom as becoming a very normal platform for much online work over the next few months, so we encourage members to attend this event, whether you had registered for the original breakfast or not.
Thank you and please contact Teri at email@example.com with any questions.