Mediator, Conciliator, Farm Owner, Farm Debt Mediator, Arbitrator, Business Consultant
David has substantial experience to be a Farm Debt Mediator.
David spent over 10 years in senior roles in the banking industry so he is familiar with banking arrangements.
An experienced mediator and conciliator, David has been involved in resolving disputes in the rural sector for 20 years.
As a farm owner himself for 30 years, David has an in-depth knowledge of farming practices and sharemilking arrangements. David resides on his dairy farm.
David’s experience as a Business Consultant includes understanding Financial Statements, Succession planning and insolvency practices including receiverships.
David is available throughout New Zealand.
- Panel Member- AMINZ list of recommended Rural Dispute Resolution Professionals
- Panel Member- National Panel of Conciliators
- Farm Debt Mediator
- David chairs Highbrook Park Trust, an Auckland City Council appointment
David has made a substantial contribution to the community and was honoured with a Queens Service Medal (QSM) in the 2017 New Year Honours.
Farm Debt Mediation
David holds qualifications in the below primary sector economics and financial areas:
- Implications of trading in global commodity markets
- Role of primary and secondary creditors in farm operations
- Land holding and business arrangements, eg family trust, corporate farmers, Maori land, lairage, sharemilking and cross loans
- Farm financial and business planning tools
- Role of cooperative structures and arrangements
- Tax arrangements and obligations
- Knowledge of insolvency processes including receiverships, and succession planning
Other Speciality Areas
- Rural disputes involving Sharemilking and Contract milking agreements together with Farm leasing arrangements.
- Experience in Equity partnerships, Business relationship disputes and Succession planning.
- Contract negotiation
David holds an MBA degree, and is a member of AMINZ.
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries - Governance New Zealand and is a member of the Property Institute.
David is on the AMINZ panel of recommended Rural Dispute Resolution Professionals, is a Farm Debt Mediator and is a member of the National Panel of Conciliators.