Mediator - family & commercial
Robert is an experienced dispute resolution practiioner and counsellor.
He has worked in private and pubic sectors as a manager and on governance boards.
For 18 years he was an elected city and regional counsellor.
At present, his focus is dispute resolution throughout New Zealand.
Robert has worked at:
- Family Works Taranaki (Presbyterian Support Central)
- Victorial University of Wellington
- Claremont Teachers College
- The University of Southern Queensland
- The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand
- Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine
- Guangdong University of Foreign Studies
- Porirua City Council (elected member)
- Wellington Regional Council (elected member)
- Ecological Research Associates of New Zealand
- Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki
His appointments include:
- Institute of Educational and Develomental Psychologists (executive member)
- Society of Counselling Psychology
- Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia
- New Zealand Psychological Society
- The Royal Society of New Zealand
- Taranaki-Whanganui Conservation Board
- Corporate Body Devonport Apartments (chairperson)
- Justice of the Peace for New Zealand
Dr Shaw has over 100 publications.
Dr Robert Shaw works throughout New Zealand to resolve disputes
Dr Robert Shaw is a disputes resolution practioner.
At Taranaki Family Works (Presbyterian Support Central) he provides counselling to clients referred by agencies such as the Ministry for Children, Ministry of Justice, Police, schools, district health boards, and medical practitioners.
Dr Shaw is a Member of the New Zealand Psychological Society, an affiliate of the Arbitrators & Mediators Institute of New Zealand, and is a professional member of the Royal Society of New Zealand. He qualified as a Commissioner for resource management hearings. He is an accredited Justice of the Peace.
Local government & RMA disputes
Family Dispute Resolution
BA BSc MPhil(Hons) MPubPol PhD (Auck.) DipTcgh MRSNZ MNZPsS AAMINZ