- Partner in small general practises from 1975 until 1996
- Barrister at Riverlands Chambers (specialising in Family Dispute Negotiation and litigation)
- from 1996 until 2004.
- Trained as a mediator in an intensive University Extension Studies course with Jane Chart
- Operated as a mediator in the Christchurch the pilot of counsel-led mediation
- Frequently engaged as a lawyer to represent children in disputes relating to children
District Court judge in Taranaki and Christchurch from 2004 until 2019
- Emphasis on Family Court and Youth Court jurisdictions
Married with 3 adult children and 5 grandchildren, some of whom live in Switzerland, Australia and New Zealand, my wife Denise and I have an interest in travel. I am presently learning Spanish, and have some working familiarity with te Reo, as well as German.
I have an interest in writing, children’s books and adult nonfiction.
Otherwise, concert halls, theatres, golf courses, ski-fields and mountain tracks are places where I find exercise and peace.
- Associate Member of AMINZ
- Approved FDR provider
- Member of the Mediation Panel
- Member of the Family Law Arbitration Panel