Mediator and Legal Consultant
Over 40 years experience as a lawyer in commercial dispute resolution in New Zealand and Australia and the Middle East.
Qualified mediator since 1994. Attended CDR advanced mediation workshop on alternative dispute resolution techniques.
Wide range of experience in the successful resolution of disputes in the rural sector involving family arrangements and family trusts for farming business.
Farm Debt Mediation
Don holds the following qualifications in the below primary sector economics and financial areas:
- Role of primary and secondary creditors in farm operations
- Land holding and business arrangements, e.g. family trust, corporate farmers, Maori land, lairage, sharemilking and cross loans
- Farm financial and business planning tools
- Role of cooperative structures and arrangements
- Knowledge of insolvency processes including receivership's, and succession planning
Associate of AMINZ
RMA Commissioner with chairing endorsement