Mediation, Conciliation, Negotiation and Arbitration. Facilitation. Conflict Management, Dispute & Complaints system design, Change Management, Partnering Facilitation, Independent Investigation and Expert Opinion. Teaching, Training, Mentoring, Conflict Coaching and Professional Supervision
- 30 years experience as a professional working in the field of conflict management & dispute resolution practice, associated system design, training & development.
- Adjunct Lecturer in dispute resolution, Massey University (1998-2015).
Major work assignments have included:
- Design and implementation of CERA (Christchurch) dispute resolution program & associated training
- Design & implementation of Family Dispute Resolution Service for Crown Company & associated training
- Design & implementation of conciliation programme for ACC & associated training
- Complex multi school closure mediations
- Exotic disease incursion facilitations & negotiations, including national Varroa buffer zone & PMWS compensation.
- Regional & District Council pre-hearing facilitations
- Waste water & industrial waste consultation process design & facilitations
- Designed & implemented complaints system for Financial Service sector
- Facilitation of major post fire review for NZ Fire Service
- Designed & implemented Farm Safe programme for ACC
- Major employment related investigations on behalf of Corrections, NGOs & private sector
- Led & project managed major restructure of Federated Farmers’ of NZ (Inc)
- Many hundreds of mediations & facilitations covering most areas of enterprise & trade in NZ
- Many hundreds of mediations involving the interpersonal lives of New Zealanders’.
- Numerous rural mediations, conciliations & arbitrations
- Training, coaching & personal development design & delivery for numerous individuals & sectors across NZ.
- Experienced in multi culture dispute resolution, including in the Pacific
- General Manager, Consulting. FairWay Resolution Ltd (2013-2015).
- Cottrill& Associates (1998-2013)
- National Project Manager, Federated Farmers’ of NZ (1998-2002)
- 1975-1992 Farmed 1,100 hectares on own account, Nth Wairarapa coast (Akitio)
Fee: By arrangement
Master Conflict Resolution (La Trobe) GDipBusStud(DisRes) GDipBusStud(SmlBus) DipIndReln
Fellow (mediation), AMINZ. Resolution Institute Accredited Mediator. National Accredited Mediator (Aus)
Mediation Panel Member & Rural List AMINZ