Lawyer practising in dispute resolution
Brendan has over 25 years experience in dispute resolution including negotiating, mediating, arbitrating and Court litigation.
Brendan has over 25 years experience as a Barrister and Solicitor. In addition he has lectured in dispute resolution topics at the Waikato University Law School and presented papers at dispute resolution seminars.
Fellow (Mediation) Arbitrators and Mediators Institute of New Zealand; AMINZ Panel of Mediators; AMINZ Rural Panel; LEADR Panel of Mediators; Mediator under the Lawyers and Conveyancers Act 2006; Waikato Wintec Ethics Committee Member
Guest Lecturer IPLS.
Lecturer Waikato University Law School in civil procedure, mediation, dispute resolution (arbitration) and corporate securities/finance law.
Guest Lecturer Wintec (ADR).
Presenter at various seminars and conferences on ADR/litigation related topics including:
- AMINZ Seminars
- Nuplex Contractors Seminar (2006)
- Samoan Law Conference (December 2007), presented paper on mediation and conducted a negotiation workshop
- Law Society Seminar on Drafting for Junior Litigators (August 2008)
- Samoa Advocacy Seminar co-presenter
- Trainer/Coach Samoa Mediation Accreditation Workshop (November 2012)
- Presenter at Rural Seminar (Hamilton, November 2012), dispute resolution paper
Brendan has experience practising in the areas of civil law, commercial and company law, insolvency, rural disputes and property disputes, tort claims and equity claims.