Congratulations to Scholarship Recipients
As part of the AMINZ diversity initiatives, the Institute is working to assist younger practitioners. AMINZ and AUT University have joined forces to support a young arbitration group in New Zealand. A limited number of scholarships have been offered to young practitioners to attend the up-coming AMINZ Conference.
AMINZ executive director, Deborah Hart said, "We have had a lot of applications for the scholarships, which shows the interest from young practitioners in arbitration, but which also made selection difficult. We would have loved to have been able to support all the applicants".
The AMINZ-AUT Arbitration Young Practitioner Scholarships have been awarded to:
- Michael Greenop, junior barrister at Bankside Chambers
- Lily Kennedy-Perkins, solicitor at Simpson Grierson
- Inigo Kwan-Parsons, solicitor at Anderson Creagh Lai
- Amelia Cina, student at Victoria University of Wellington
- Diana Qiu, student at the University of Auckland
- Jonathan Rea, solicitor at Russell McVeagh
- Christina Tay, graduate of University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Rhys Walker, trustee at the Public Trust
- Danae Wheeler, law clerk at Chapman Tripp
We are delighted to welcome the scholarship applicants to conference.